Shenmue I & II Console Patch Delayed, PC Patch Released
By Jenni . September 6, 2018 . 10:00am
The Shenmue I & II collection has issues. Sega is aware of them and promised on August 31, 2018 that a console version patch would arrive toward the end of the first week of September 2018. Now, that patch will be released the week of September 17, 2018. However, the PC patch has not been hit by any delays and is immediately available.
Sega made the announcement via its official Twitter account. It noted that the Shenmue I & II patch is not ready, but did not explain why. It also did not explain what the patch will fix.
Shenmue fans! Unfortunately the patch we planned on releasing this week isn’t ready yet and will instead be released on week commencing September 17th. We apologize for the delay but want to ensure you get the best game experience possible. We’ll have more updates soon!
— SEGA (@SEGA) September 6, 2018
As a reminder, some of the issues people have encountered in Shenmue I & II include cutscenes crashing or not playing properly, sound not playing properly, NPC glitches, and QTE bugs.
People with the PC version of Shenmue I & II can immediately download patch v2. Here are the full patch notes, taken from the Steam announcement.
• Fixed various instances of incorrect help screen text displayed around the game.
• Fixed various instances of incorrect button prompts being shown in the HUD.
• Fixed duplicated button prompts in QTE Title 2.
• Fixed an occasional issue when transitioning into the menu when in Shenmue 1.
• Fixed an issue with 2560 x 1080 UI resolutions.
• Fixed issues with resolutions wider than 2560.
• Fixed an issue with QTE prompts not flashing.
• Fixed inconsistencies when sparring in the dojo.
• Fixed various character skinning issues.
• Fixed an issue that caused bloom to re-enable itself when opening the notebook.
• Fixed an issue that would cause crushed blacks on some hardware setups.
• Fixed various instances of missing geometry and textures.
• Fixed various issues with cameras being incorrect in cut scenes.
• Fixed issues with hair sometimes rendering slightly transparent.
• Fixed some instances of missing facial animation.
• Fixed occasional issues with cloth rendering.
• Fixed an issue that caused increased CPU load on some hardware.
• Various stability improvements.
• Fixed a soft-lock when playing Shenmue 1 arcade games past Ryo’s bed time.
• Fixed an issue that could cause stuttering on monitors that support 75Hz refresh rates.
• The gong in Bunkado Antiques can now be interacted with.
• Fixing various instances of localisation issues.
• Fixed an issue in Shenmue 1 where sleeping would sometimes not update move experience.
• Various performance improvements.
• Fixed various instances of crackling background music.
• Fixed crackling while listening to cassettes.
• Fixed various issues with arcade game audio.
• Fixed issues with rain.
• Fixed issues with some sound effects not looping correctly.
• Fixed issues with some sound effects crackling.
Shenmue I & II is immediately available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in North America and Europe. It will come to the PlayStation 4 in Japan on November 22, 2018.
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.